solo experience/thoughts

D. Michael McIntyre-3
Changing solo around on audio tracks, it seems like sometimes there are
dropouts switching from one stream to another, and it doesn't appear to
be solid.

Should solo honor the mute setting?  Solo a muted track, nothing happens.

Have found myself diddling both solo and mute buttons.  I guess you have
to use one or the other, but not both, and I wonder if that should be
the case?  Maybe I want to solo a muted track to hear it by itself
without changing the normal non-solo mix?

Thoughts while they're fresh.  Just thinking out loud and feeling it out
as I explore the new stuff in a complex environment.