scripts/rebuild-qrc and .qm (translation) files

scripts/rebuild-qrc and .qm (translation) files

Ted Felix-2
   scripts/rebuild-qrc rebuilds the data/data.qrc file.  However, when I
run it, it adds a bunch of .qm files which aren't in there now.  Should
the QM files be in data.qrc?

   If the QM files don't need to be in data.qrc, then we can remove "ts"
from the extension list in rebuild-qrc and they won't be added.

Re: scripts/rebuild-qrc and .qm (translation) files

D. Michael McIntyre-3
On 09/14/2016 08:32 PM, Ted Felix wrote:
>    scripts/rebuild-qrc rebuilds the data/data.qrc file.  However, when I
> run it, it adds a bunch of .qm files which aren't in there now.  Should
> the QM files be in data.qrc?
>
>    If the QM files don't need to be in data.qrc, then we can remove "ts"
> from the extension list in rebuild-qrc and they won't be added.

Off the top of my head, and freshly home from vacation, I think the .qm
files are the generated translations, and they DO want to be in the
resource bundle, while the .ts files do NOT want to be there.

If this answer isn't an ah ha then remind me and I'll look into it.

Re: scripts/rebuild-qrc and .qm (translation) files

David Faure
On vendredi 23 septembre 2016 23:20:26 CEST D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
>  I think the .qm
> files are the generated translations, and they DO want to be in the
> resource bundle, while the .ts files do NOT want to be there.

Correct.

--
David Faure, [hidden email], http://www.davidfaure.fr
Working on KDE Frameworks 5

On 09/24/2016 07:37 AM, David Faure wrote:
> On vendredi 23 septembre 2016 23:20:26 CEST D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
>>  I think the .qm
>> files are the generated translations, and they DO want to be in the
>> resource bundle, while the .ts files do NOT want to be there.
> Correct.

   OK, I see what happened.  The .qm files were moved from data.qrc to a
new locale.qrc in [r14351].  The existing rebuild-qrc was not modified
to deal with this.  Think I'll update it to not add the .qm files to the
data.qrc for now.  This will make rebuild-qrc work for what I need right
now.

   If anyone wants to add locale.qrc generation to rebuild-qrc one day,
feel free.