musicxml import crash

Bric
Hi, all

I am trying to import MusicXML files, but RG crashes or errors out.

I haven't upgraded in ages (and haven't used RG that much this past year)

I tried to import into an old 12.04 version on Ubuntu and also into
version 13.06, also on Ubuntu.  Similar crashes and errors.

According to this bug tracker -
https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/bugs/1411/ - there has been a fix.
Is this true through the latest version(s)?

Forgive my for asking in advance of upgrading to the latest - i think i
would need to do a local build for the new 16.02 (correct me if i'm wrong)

If it has not been fixed i would like to know /which/ XML tags/elements
RG /does/ does tolerate. I could then at least attempt to strip the XML
file of those "offending" tags/markups

TIA

Re: musicxml import crash

Ted Felix-2
On 03/07/2016 06:22 PM, Bric wrote:
> According to this bug tracker -
> https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/bugs/1411/ - there has been a fix.
> Is this true through the latest version(s)?

   Should be.  Definitely worth building the latest to find out.

Re: musicxml import crash

On 03/07/2016 06:22 PM, Bric wrote:

> If it has not been fixed i would like to know /which/ XML tags/elements
> RG /does/ does tolerate. I could then at least attempt to strip the XML
> file of those "offending" tags/markups

I can't remember who was the last person to hack on MusicXML.  Basically
use the source Luke is all anybody can do to see what works and what
doesn't.  I have no earthly idea on that one, and no time to investigate
until maybe next weekend.