linking problems

Vladimir Savic
I'm getting this lines when building reach linking phase:

(gcc 3.4.3, kde 3.4.0)

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/vlada/rg4_post1/rosegarden/gui'
/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++  -DRGKDE3 -DRGKDE3
-Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500
-D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W
-Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -g3 -fno-inline -Wformat-security
-Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common
-fexceptions   -o rosegarden -L/usr/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib
-L/usr/kde/3.4/lib  -R /usr/kde/3.4/lib -R /usr/qt/3/lib -R /usr/lib
audiocommands.o audiomanagerdialog.o audioplugindialog.o
audiopluginmanager.o audiopluginoscgui.o audiopreviewthread.o
audiosynthmanager.o bankeditor.o barbuttons.o basiccommand.o
chordnameruler.o colours.o colourwidgets.o commondialogs.o
compositionview.o constants.o controleditor.o controlruler.o csoundio.o
deviceeditor.o devicemanager.o dialogs.o editcommands.o edittool.o
editview.o editviewbase.o eventcommands.o eventfilter.o eventview.o
hydrogenio.o importdevicedialog.o instrumentparameterbox.o
kde32_kfontrequester.o kde32_ktabwidget.o kde32_ktabbar.o kstartuplogo.o
ktmpstatusmsg.o lilypondio.o linedstaff.o loopruler.o main.o
markereditor.o matrixcanvasview.o matrixcommands.o matrixelement.o
matrixhlayout.o matrixparameterbox.o matrixstaff.o matrixtool.o
matrixview.o matrixvlayout.o midifilter.o midipitchlabel.o mixer.o
mmapper.o multiviewcommandhistory.o mupio.o musicxmlio.o
notationcanvasview.o notationcommands.o notationelement.o
notationhlayout.o notationproperties.o notationsets.o notationstaff.o
notationstrings.o notationtool.o notationview.o notationviewslots.o
notationvlayout.o notecharname.o notefont.o notefontviewer.o
notepixmapfactory.o notestyle.o pianokeyboard.o pixmapfunctions.o
playlist.o progressreporter.o qcanvasgroupableitem.o qcanvassimplesprite.o
qdeferscrollview.o rawnoteruler.o rg21io.o rgapplication.o rgled.o
rosedebug.o rosegardencanvasview.o rosegardenconfigurationpage.o
rosegardenconfiguredialog.o rosegardengui.o rosegardenguidoc.o
rosegardenguiiface.o rosegardenguiview.o rosegardentransportdialog.o
rosegardenscrollview.o rosestrings.o rosexmlhandler.o scrollbox.o
segmentcommands.o segmentparameterbox.o segmenttool.o sequencemanager.o
sequencermapper.o spline.o staffline.o studiocommands.o studiocontrol.o
studiowidgets.o tempocolour.o temporuler.o tempoview.o textruler.o
timewidget.o trackbuttons.o trackeditor.o trackheader.o tracklabel.o
triggermanager.o velocitycolour.o vumeter.o widgets.o xmlstorableevent.o
rosegardenguiiface_skel.o trackseditoriface_skel.o rosegardentransport.o
pitchruler.moc.o  ../sound/libRosegardenSound.la ../base/libbase.la
-lkdeui -lkdecore -lkdeprint -lqt-mt  -lz -lpng -lz -lm -lXext -lX11  -lSM
-lICE -lpthread  -lkio -lXft -lX11 -lfreetype -lXrender -lfontconfig
-ljack   -llo -lpthread   -lmad -llrdf -lrt -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread
-lm -ldl -lpthread -lmad -llrdf -lrt -lm -ldl -lpthread
matrixview.o(.text+0x1051): In function
`MatrixView::MatrixView(RosegardenGUIDoc*,
std::vector<Rosegarden::Segment*, std::allocator<Rosegarden::Segment*> >,
QWidget*, bool)':
/home/vlada/rg4_post1/rosegarden/gui/matrixview.cpp:206: undefined
reference to `PercussionPitchRuler::PercussionPitchRuler(QWidget*,
Rosegarden::MidiKeyMapping const*, int)'
matrixview.o(.text+0x3321): In function
`MatrixView::MatrixView(RosegardenGUIDoc*,
std::vector<Rosegarden::Segment*, std::allocator<Rosegarden::Segment*> >,
QWidget*, bool)':
/home/vlada/rg4_post1/rosegarden/gui/matrixview.cpp:206: undefined
reference to `PercussionPitchRuler::PercussionPitchRuler(QWidget*,
Rosegarden::MidiKeyMapping const*, int)'
pianokeyboard.o(.text+0x115): In function
`PianoKeyboard::PianoKeyboard(QWidget*, int)':
/home/vlada/rg4_post1/rosegarden/gui/pianokeyboard.cpp:45: undefined
reference to `PitchRuler::PitchRuler(QWidget*)'
pianokeyboard.o(.text+0x44f): In function
`PianoKeyboard::PianoKeyboard(QWidget*, int)':
/home/vlada/rg4_post1/rosegarden/gui/pianokeyboard.cpp:45: undefined
reference to `PitchRuler::PitchRuler(QWidget*)'
pitchruler.moc.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10PitchRuler+0xf0): undefined
reference to `PitchRuler::sizeHint() const'
pitchruler.moc.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10PitchRuler+0xf4): undefined
reference to `PitchRuler::minimumSizeHint() const'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [rosegarden] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/vlada/rg4_post1/rosegarden/gui'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/vlada/rg4_post1/rosegarden/gui'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vlada/rg4_post1/rosegarden'
make: *** [all] Error 2
vlada@vlada ~/rg4_post1/rosegarden $

Re: linking problems

Chris Cannam
On Sunday 15 May 2005 04:49, Vladimir Savic wrote:
> I'm getting this lines when building reach linking phase:

Your link line is missing percussionpitchruler.o and pitchruler.o.
The .cpp files were both created recently -- my first thought was that
I forgot to add/commit them, but I just checked and they definitely
should be there.

I guess the simplest thing to check first is that it's not another
horrible anonymous CVS lag problem for newly-added files -- do another
CVS update and check whether gui/pitchruler.cpp and
percussionpitchruler.cpp are actually there.  And check whether their
names appear in gui/SConscript as they should.

If that's all OK, then I don't know.  Guillaume, does scons cache its
information about which files to build?  I'm pretty sure I didn't have
to do anything special when I created them.

Chris

Re: linking problems

Guillaume Laurent
On Sunday 15 May 2005 10:50, Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Sunday 15 May 2005 04:49, Vladimir Savic wrote:
> > I'm getting this lines when building reach linking phase:
>
> If that's all OK, then I don't know.  Guillaume, does scons cache its
> information about which files to build?  I'm pretty sure I didn't have
> to do anything special when I created them.

Vlad's message was from a 'make' command, and a 'make -f Makefile.cvs' should
solve the problem. :-)

--
Guillaume.
http://www.telegraph-road.org

Re: linking problems

Chris Cannam
On Sunday 15 May 2005 09:57, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> Vlad's message was from a 'make' command, and a 'make -f
> Makefile.cvs' should solve the problem. :-)

Duh!

Chris

Re: linking problems

Vladimir Savic
On Sun, 15 May 2005 11:28:20 +0200, Chris Cannam
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sunday 15 May 2005 09:57, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
>> Vlad's message was from a 'make' command, and a 'make -f
>> Makefile.cvs' should solve the problem. :-)
>
> Duh!

Sorry guys! :)
But I couldn't make scons to start building project. Waiting for CVS to
wake up this morning and then all will be just fine... I hope so...

Yup! Built and installed. Thanks.

Vlada

> Chris

Re: linking problems

dmmcintyr (Bugzilla)
On Sunday 15 May 2005 05:28 am, Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Sunday 15 May 2005 09:57, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> > Vlad's message was from a 'make' command, and a 'make -f
> > Makefile.cvs' should solve the problem. :-)
>
> Duh!

If it makes you feel any better, I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why
there wasn't a Makefile in a tree that had only had scons run in it.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <[hidden email]>
Linux fanatic, and certified Geek;  registered Linux user #243621