just a friendly developer

ty armour
I would be looking for tutorials on basically how to rewrite rosegarden. I think it would help development out greatly and provide people with the tool set they need in order to develop some really interesting features for rosegarden.

I would also be looking for tutorials on using guitarix and lmms with rosegarden. That might also be a great feature if its not already implemented.

but yeah if your interested, just post tutorials on like every line of code that goes into rosegarden. that way people like myself can go back and start developing it to be like ableton.

if you really want, you can even write applications similar to bristol hydrogen guitarix rakarrack within rosegarden as sort of plugins and turn rosegarden into an ableton esque recording studio.

it might be fun, im sure ill be able to read through your source code soon, but I thought tutorials would help the average end user get involved and submit interesting patches.

if you write some synths for rosegarden, you could do the polivock and the aelita and the march uds, lell uds, and rokton uds, as well as a juno 106 and a virus B and that would put you guys ahead of the curve as far as recording studios go.

you can also dig around for all of the instruments you can find and emulate them.

Im probably going to end up a recording studio of my own so dont worry if you decide not to do this, but it might be fun.

you could also emulate animal and industrial noises. because you never know when your gonna want to use animal noises or industrial noises in a song

Thanks and have fun

Re: just a friendly developer

Aere Greenway-2
On 02/06/2016 12:29 PM, ty armour wrote:
> turn rosegarden into an ableton esque recording studio
As a user of both Rosegarden, and Ableton Live 9 Suite, I currently
prefer Rosegarden - especially when using a machine that isn't extremely
fast (3 gigahertz), and with more than 4 gigabytes of RAM.

But of course, we all tend to prefer what we first become familiar with
and good at using.

--
Sincerely,
Aere