fluidsynth-dssi weird behavior with previous files?

fluidsynth-dssi weird behavior with previous files?

Lorenzo Sutton
On 17.02 (actually I think the string in the about should be 17.04 - I
compiled this a week ago) I get an error message "FluidSynth-DSSI:
error: unrecognized configure key" for files created in *previous*
rosegarden versions using soundfonts via the fluidsynth-dssi plugin.

If I create a new file from scratch, add the synth and then the very
same soundfont it works. Also if in the same old file I remove and
re-add the whole synth + soundfont it works... Any idea why this may
happen and is there another work-around?

Thanks.
Lorenzo.

Re: fluidsynth-dssi weird behavior with previous files?

Ted Felix-2
On 04/29/2017 11:00 AM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
> On 17.02 (actually I think the string in the about should be 17.04 - I
> compiled this a week ago) I get an error message "FluidSynth-DSSI:
> error: unrecognized configure key" for files created in *previous*
> rosegarden versions using soundfonts via the fluidsynth-dssi plugin.

   I tried to recreate this and couldn't.  I used 16.06 as the "old"
version and 17.04 as the "new" version.

   In 16.06 I set up fluidsynth-dssi on track one, configured the
soundfont and got it working.  Recorded some random notes, and saved.

   In 17.04 I loaded that saved composition and fluidsynth-dssi came up
fine.  The only odd thing I noticed is that it was playing the default
program 1 Acoustic Grand Piano on the track until I rewound to the
beginning and pressed play again.

   I did not get an error message.

   Is the above procedure similar to what you are doing?  Do I need to
go further back to an older version of rg?

> If I create a new file from scratch, add the synth and then the very
> same soundfont it works. Also if in the same old file I remove and
> re-add the whole synth + soundfont it works... Any idea why this may
> happen and is there another work-around?

   The only thing that comes to mind is that maybe the version of the
fluidsynth-dssi plugin has changed between the older files and your
current setup.  Though I don't think the fluidsynth-dssi plugin has
changed in years, so it seems very unlikely.  However, it could be that
fluidsynth-dssi has changed the format of the data that it stores in the
Rosegarden composition.