Zynaddsubfx not visivle as MIDI device

simon@mindsnack.net
Hi there,

I was using the software synth Zynaddsubfx a lot, controlled by
Rosegarden. Now I don't see it as a midi device, and I also can't
connect it with Qjackctl. This problem just came up. I didn't do
anything with these programs for a while, so I'm wondering if it's
related to any updates?
Is anybody using Zynaddsubfx together with Rosegarden? What could went
wrong?

Best regards,
Simon

Re: Zynaddsubfx not visivle as MIDI device

Holger Marzen
On Sun, 3 Jul 2016, Simon wrote:

> I was using the software synth Zynaddsubfx a lot, controlled by
> Rosegarden. Now I don't see it as a midi device, and I also can't
> connect it with Qjackctl. This problem just came up. I didn't do
> anything with these programs for a while, so I'm wondering if it's
> related to any updates?
> Is anybody using Zynaddsubfx together with Rosegarden? What could went
> wrong?

Rosegarden speaks ALSA-MIDI.
If your Zynaddsubfx speaks JACK-MIDI then you need a bridge between
those two MIDI-worlds: a2j_control start

Re: Zynaddsubfx not visivle as MIDI device

Abrolag
On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 08:39:37 +0200 (CEST)
Holger Marzen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Jul 2016, Simon wrote:
>
> > I was using the software synth Zynaddsubfx a lot, controlled by
> > Rosegarden. Now I don't see it as a midi device, and I also can't
> > connect it with Qjackctl. This problem just came up. I didn't do
> > anything with these programs for a while, so I'm wondering if it's
> > related to any updates?
> > Is anybody using Zynaddsubfx together with Rosegarden? What could went
> > wrong?
>
> Rosegarden speaks ALSA-MIDI.
> If your Zynaddsubfx speaks JACK-MIDI then you need a bridge between
> those two MIDI-worlds: a2j_control start

Zyn is switchable either way. See menu item NewIO

--
W J G

Am 03.07.2016 um 08:39 schrieb Holger Marzen:

> On Sun, 3 Jul 2016, Simon wrote:
>
>> I was using the software synth Zynaddsubfx a lot, controlled by
>> Rosegarden. Now I don't see it as a midi device, and I also can't
>> connect it with Qjackctl. This problem just came up. I didn't do
>> anything with these programs for a while, so I'm wondering if it's
>> related to any updates?
>> Is anybody using Zynaddsubfx together with Rosegarden? What could went
>> wrong?
> Rosegarden speaks ALSA-MIDI.
> If your Zynaddsubfx speaks JACK-MIDI then you need a bridge between
> those two MIDI-worlds: a2j_control start

thank you very much, that did it :) Must have been changed in a newer
version (or I have a different compile) of Zynaddsubfx.