When inserting notes with keyboard in matrix editor, they are not played by Rosegarden

When inserting notes with keyboard in matrix editor, they are not played by Rosegarden

Marko Randjelovic
Hi all,

When I am in matrix editor and when note input mode is activated, when I press keys on my computer keyboard, corresponding notes are inserted into the sheet but no sound is played, although when doing the same with my mouse, instrument set up for that truck is played at inputted pitch.

From my point of view, it should be trivial to patch this, but I tried two different versions of Rosegarden and both behave in this way. I use Debian and I tried Wheezy and Jessie versions - 12.04-1 and 14.02-2.

Is there any solution for this?

Regards

Re: When inserting notes with keyboard in matrix editor, they are not played by Rosegarden

Yves Guillemot
Le mardi 1 novembre 2016, 19:17:52 Marko Randjelovic a écrit :
> When I am in matrix editor and when note input mode is activated, when I
> press keys on my computer keyboard, corresponding notes are inserted into
> the sheet but no sound is played, although when doing the same with my
> mouse, instrument set up for that truck is played at inputted pitch.

I confirm this issue with the matrix editor (while this problem doesn't exist
in the notation editor).

>From my point of view, it should be trivial to patch this,
I agree it should be the case.

I'll open a ticket.

Thanks for reporting this bug.

Yves

Le mardi 1 novembre 2016, 22:58:52 Yves Guillemot a écrit :
> Le mardi 1 novembre 2016, 19:17:52 Marko Randjelovic a écrit :
> > When I am in matrix editor and when note input mode is activated, when I
> > press keys on my computer keyboard, corresponding notes are inserted into
> > the sheet but no sound is played, although when doing the same with my
> > mouse, instrument set up for that truck is played at inputted pitch.
>
> I confirm this issue with the matrix editor (while this problem doesn't
> exist in the notation editor).

It should now be fixed in SVN (rev. 14783).

Yves

Le mercredi 2 novembre 2016, 18:13:58 Marko Randjelovic a écrit :
> How can I get the patch?

svn diff -r 14782:14783
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/rosegarden/code/trunk/rosegarden > patch

Yves