What about using AppImage?

Fernando A. Martin
Hi.
Rosegarden has never been distributed by developers, compiled for specific distributions. Ok, on the other hand, Rosegarden has clear and nice instructions that allow us to compile it without much effort.
But what do you think of distributing Rosegarden using AppImage?
http://appimage.org/
I don't know if it would cost much time and effort for developers to do this. I'm sorry if it would. But I just knew AppImage few minutes ago and it reminded me one of my favorite apps: Rosegarden.
Well, this is my suggestion. If it'll be possible or practical, I believe that time will tell us.
Thanks.

Re: What about using AppImage?

Holger Marzen
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017, Fernando A. Martin wrote:

> Rosegarden has never been distributed by developers, compiled for specific
> distributions. Ok, on the other hand, Rosegarden has clear and nice
> instructions that allow us to compile it without much effort.
> But what do you think of distributing Rosegarden using AppImage?
> http://appimage.org/

It's not really a solution and doesn't mean that it runs on every
system. I downloaded an appimage of the video editor Openshot and it
crashed immediately because it didn't like my glibc-version.