Something completely different

Abrolag
Last year a fellow soundcloud musician, RustyStringz, sent me an audio track of
himself singing and playing guitar. He asked if I'd like to add anything to it.
Well it wasn't until the Christmas break I actually had time to sit down an try
to get into the 'zone'.

Eventually things came together and here is a link to the final recording.

https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/scarborough-fair-feat-rustysrtingz

I loaded the audio into Rosegarden, then played against that going from
keyboard to Rosegarden as MIDI and from there to Yoshimi building up a total of
4 MIDI tracks.

The actual recording was made in one pass with Rosegarden's audio and Yoshimi
being fed to Timemachine (a nice lightweight recorder). Final top-n-tail was
done in Audacity.

--
W J G

Re: Something completely different

D. Michael McIntyre-3
On 01/02/2017 02:49 PM, Abrolag wrote:

> Last year a fellow soundcloud musician, RustyStringz, sent me an audio track of
> himself singing and playing guitar. He asked if I'd like to add anything to it.
> Well it wasn't until the Christmas break I actually had time to sit down an try
> to get into the 'zone'.

It took almost two full months for me work my way around to listening to
this, but it was worth the wait.  That's really nice!

Re: Something completely different

Abrolag
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 23:17:47 -0500
"D. Michael McIntyre" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 01/02/2017 02:49 PM, Abrolag wrote:
>
> > Last year a fellow soundcloud musician, RustyStringz, sent me an audio track of
> > himself singing and playing guitar. He asked if I'd like to add anything to it.
> > Well it wasn't until the Christmas break I actually had time to sit down an try
> > to get into the 'zone'.
>
> It took almost two full months for me work my way around to listening to
> this, but it was worth the wait.  That's really nice!

Pleased you like it Michael. I'll pass that on to Ged :)

--
W J G