Replacing instruments

Silas Mortimer
Hi, it's me again.

Okay, so I've been reading about how sfz files tend to be better than
sf2. I've also found a better orchestral soundfont, which is good,
because I don't know what synth program that will work with Rosegarden
will load sfz files or how to do it.

So, my point is this: I started a piece using one particular
soundfont, but I'd like to change the instruments to ones in the new
soundfont. I'm having trouble finding a howto on the site (though I
wouldn't be surprised if it's there and I'm just missing it), so how
can I do it? Like, I want to change the violin from one soundfont to
the violin in the other soundfont, if that makes sense.

Thanks.

Re: Replacing instruments

Holger Marzen
On Sun, 26 Jun 2016, Silas Mortimer wrote:

> Hi, it's me again.
>
> Okay, so I've been reading about how sfz files tend to be better than
> sf2. I've also found a better orchestral soundfont, which is good,
> because I don't know what synth program that will work with Rosegarden
> will load sfz files or how to do it.

Linuxsampler-dssi works. But you need a frontend to configure iti (load
soundfonts), like qsampler or jsampler. Once configured you simply save
your song and when you load it next time Linuxsampler is configured like
every other plugin.