Reconfiguring timer source without startin Rosegarden

Reconfiguring timer source without startin Rosegarden

Maciek Makowski
I'm unable to start Rosegarden, as it freezes the entire OS when it starts up. It seems to be related to its use of HR timer -- I've seen a number of reports mentioning system freeze when this timer is used, and I can see the following when the app starts up:

AlsaDriver::setCurrentTimer((auto))
extractVersion: major = 4, minor = 8, subminor = 0, suffix = "generic"
AlsaDriver::versionIsAtLeast: is version 4.8.0-26-generic at least 1.0.14? yes
extractVersion: major = 4, minor = 8, subminor = 0, suffix = "generic"
AlsaDriver::versionIsAtLeast: is version 4.8.0-26-generic at least 2.6.20? yes
AlsaDriver::setCurrentTimer(HR timer)

Is it possible to make Rosegarden select a different timer?

Rosegarden version: 16.06 ("Rhapsody in Blue")
Build key: 6b5e101c6c
Built against Qt version: 4.8.7

OS: Ubuntu 16.10.

Thanks,
Maciek

Re: Reconfiguring timer source without startin Rosegarden

Yves Guillemot
Le dimanche 30 octobre 2016, 17:14:35 Maciek Makowski a écrit :

> I'm unable to start Rosegarden, as it freezes the entire OS when it starts
> up. It seems to be related to its use of HR timer -- I've seen a number of
> reports mentioning system freeze when this timer is used, and I can see the
> following when the app starts up:
>
> AlsaDriver::setCurrentTimer((auto))
> extractVersion: major = 4, minor = 8, subminor = 0, suffix = "generic"
> AlsaDriver::versionIsAtLeast: is version 4.8.0-26-generic at least 1.0.14?
> yes
> extractVersion: major = 4, minor = 8, subminor = 0, suffix = "generic"
> AlsaDriver::versionIsAtLeast: is version 4.8.0-26-generic at least 2.6.20?
> yes
> AlsaDriver::setCurrentTimer(HR timer)
>
> Is it possible to make Rosegarden select a different timer?

Just remove the ~/.config/rosegardenmusic/Rosegarden.conf file: it will reset
Rosegarden configuration to its default values (and to system timer).

Alternatively you may edit ~/.config/rosegardenmusic/Rosegarden.conf and
replace the "timer=HR timer" line with "timer=system timer" or with
"timer=(auto)".

Yves

Re: Reconfiguring timer source without startin Rosegarden

Maciek Makowski
Thank you very much! I somehow overlooked this file when I looked for user-specific config.