Re: File Open Crash: gnome_vfs_mime_get_value (fwd)

Re: File Open Crash: gnome_vfs_mime_get_value (fwd)

Holger Marzen
I noticed that the GTK+ theme lets Rosegarden crash. Qtractor works fine
with it.

But choosing Plastique works for me and since I am probably the only one
using an old distribution this bug may vanish by itself.

Re: File Open Crash: gnome_vfs_mime_get_value (fwd)

D. Michael McIntyre-3
On 01/03/2016 05:52 AM, Holger Marzen wrote:

> I noticed that the GTK+ theme lets Rosegarden crash. Qtractor works fine
> with it.

Qtractor writes uncompressed XML.  Rosegarden writes XML compressed with
gzip, using zlib.  The zlib library was the root of the crash you
discovered.

I'm glad you were able to change something minor and get up and running
again, Holger!

Re: File Open Crash: gnome_vfs_mime_get_value (fwd)

Abrolag
On Sun, 3 Jan 2016 07:28:19 -0500
"D. Michael McIntyre" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 01/03/2016 05:52 AM, Holger Marzen wrote:
>
> > I noticed that the GTK+ theme lets Rosegarden crash. Qtractor works fine
> > with it.
>
> Qtractor writes uncompressed XML.  Rosegarden writes XML compressed with
> gzip, using zlib.  The zlib library was the root of the crash you
> discovered.

I remember we had this same issue with Yoshimi at one time so went to
uncompressed XML, but I've not seen this issue for quite a long time. We now
default to it being enabled.

--
W J G