Quiet here

User mailing list
Anything new on the horizon?

--
W J G

Re: Quiet here

Ted Felix-2
On 07/13/2017 03:26 PM, Abrolag via Rosegarden-user wrote:
> Anything new on the horizon?

   I'm near the end of a rewrite of the Audio Mixer Window.  You can
find it over on github:

https://github.com/tedfelix/rosegarden/tree/amw

   However, my daughter just broke her wrist, so I don't have a lot of
time for rg right now.  Should be back soon.

Re: Quiet here

On 07/13/2017 03:26 PM, Abrolag via Rosegarden-user wrote:

> Anything new on the horizon?

For my part, I just got away from music and computers for awhile.  I
spend most of my time working on an old truck or playing with my new
forge.  I have no plans beyond eventually looking into that bug Ted
reported a month ago, but I'm still around.

Re: Quiet here

User mailing list
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 11:18:58 -0400
Ted Felix <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 07/13/2017 03:26 PM, Abrolag via Rosegarden-user wrote:
> > Anything new on the horizon?
>
>    I'm near the end of a rewrite of the Audio Mixer Window.  You can
> find it over on github:
>
> https://github.com/tedfelix/rosegarden/tree/amw
>
>    However, my daughter just broke her wrist, so I don't have a lot of
> time for rg right now.  Should be back soon.
>
> Ted.
Ouch! Commiserations with young miss Felix.

Of course, family comes first.

--
W J G

Re: Quiet here

User mailing list
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 18:04:57 -0400
"D. Michael McIntyre" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 07/13/2017 03:26 PM, Abrolag via Rosegarden-user wrote:
>
> > Anything new on the horizon?
>
> For my part, I just got away from music and computers for awhile.  I
> spend most of my time working on an old truck or playing with my new
> forge.  I have no plans beyond eventually looking into that bug Ted
> reported a month ago, but I'm still around.

Hey, what sort of forge have you got.

When I was at school they had a pair of proper coke fired forges, and one of
the pieces we were taught to make was a poker from round bar. Jumped up end
then squared off and made into a pyramid point. Tapered down the other end,
rolled it back and curled the taper round the stock.

Had it for years, even though I didn't have an open fire!

Over here, kids today don't even get to see a forge, let alone actually use it.

--
W J G

Re: Quiet here

D. Michael McIntyre-3
On 07/17/2017 05:27 PM, Abrolag via Rosegarden-user wrote:

> Hey, what sort of forge have you got.

It's a Whitlox Homestead wood fired forge.

http://whitloxhomestead.com/products/fullsize-whitlox-wood-fired-forge

I was going to go with a traditional coal forge when I stumbled across
the Whitlox design.  Instead of turning coal into coke, it turns
firewood into charcoal, or you can just burn charcoal directly.
Charcoal is less energy dense, so you burn more of it, but it doesn't
form clinkers or contribute to acid rain, and the fire is really easy to
maintain.  I went with a hand crank blower, because my lifestyle is much
too sedentary, and it's extra exercise.

I'm pretty impressed with the forge.  There are lots of plans out there
for home brew forges, but I never got around to building one.  This is a
good design, and it works rather well.

I made my first tool today.  It's a small V-shaped shovel for removing
hot coals from this forge, so I can put it to bed when it's time to
quit, instead of leaving the forge out to face the possibility of
getting rained on.

These days, I'm much more excited about building things with my hands
than doing computer stuff.