QT4 migration progress ?

P.N.

Hello!

I've noticed, there seem to be no changes at
http://rosegardenmusic.com/wiki/dev:qt4_bug_tracker - could somebody,
please, tell me about the progress? Still any crashes?

Kind regards

Peter

Re: QT4 migration progress ?

D. Michael McIntyre-3
On Wednesday 01 April 2009, P.N. wrote:

> I've noticed, there seem to be no changes at
> http://rosegardenmusic.com/wiki/dev:qt4_bug_tracker - could somebody,
> please, tell me about the progress? Still any crashes?

I just updated the page.  43 down, 12 to go, but there are many more problems
that haven't ever been reported on the tracker.  In practice, we haven't
really been keeping up with it very well since the earliest days, because
most of the things we're working on now are large scale projects rather than
quick fixes.

There are still many crashes.

The biggest problems still ahead are:

1) The matrix has been rewritten, and the new matrix is only partially
complete. It's usable as a technology demo more than anything you could
actually get work done with.

2) The notation editor has been rewritten, and the new notation editor is
almost completely useless on the surface. We're assured that it is less
broken than it looks, but it's pretty much on Chris Cannam to sort this out,
and who knows how long that will take.  He gets a lot done when he gets time
to do something, and he goes a long time between chances to do anything.

3) MIDI bank management is currently very dramatically broken.

4) Control rulers need to be rewritten, and are presently absent

Those are the really huge issues that come to mind.  There are many smaller
problems over and above this short list, and the whole thing is still some
way from becoming suitable even for testing purposes.

Here are a couple of snapshots of a random sampling of whatever I could get
open at the same time.

http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/wiki/_media/dev:regression-10127.jpg?cache=cache
http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/wiki/_media/dev:regression-10127-A.jpg?cache=cache

Re: QT4 migration progress ?

Abrolag
On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:12:36 -0500
"D. Michael McIntyre" <[hidden email]> wrote:

<snip>

> Here are a couple of snapshots of a random sampling of whatever I could get
> open at the same time.
>
> http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/wiki/_media/dev:regression-10127.jpg?cache=cache
> http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/wiki/_media/dev:regression-10127-A.jpg?cache=cache

These look very, very nice.

I kept wanting to click on the 'windows' and shuffle them about :)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk