Progress Dialog Project

Ted Felix-2
   The progress dialog project is now complete as of [r14899].  All use
of ProgressDialog has been replaced with QProgressDialog.  Progress and
responsiveness have been improved where needed.  Cancel buttons have
been introduced where the mechanisms were available for canceling.

   The now unused CurrentProgressDialog, ProgressReporter, and
ProgressDialog classes have been removed.

   Areas to test include working with large files (open, imports,
exports, lilypond, MusicXML, ...), and working with large audio files
(imports, exports, and stretch/squash).

Re: Progress Dialog Project

D. Michael McIntyre-3
On 01/09/2017 08:20 PM, Ted Felix wrote:

>    Areas to test include working with large files (open, imports,
> exports, lilypond, MusicXML, ...), and working with large audio files
> (imports, exports, and stretch/squash).

I tested opening a gigantic file and exporting it to XML.  The dialog
worked nicely.  The cancel button worked.  I'll test some of that other
stuff when I get time again.

You did a great job with that.  The progress dialogs had been in
shambles for years, and probably weren't that good in the original KDE
incarnation.