Problem with Rosegarden and WhySynth

Marko Randjelovic
Hi all,

This problem appeared yesterday and I don't see any change to my system that could cause it. I had mixed Debian Wheezy-Jessie system and installed applications, besides Roserarden, jackd2, qjackctl, qsynth, ghostess, whysynth...

From manage "Manage Synth Plugins" after choosing WhySynth from drop-down menu, and after clicking on "Editor" I would get window with list of instruments. But from yesterday this window is not appearing on my screen. Furthermore, after I quit Rosegarden by clicking on x or choosing Quit from menu, Rosegarden connections are still present in Audio tab of Connections window of Qjackctl. Connections dissappear if I launch Rosegarden from terminal and exit with CTRL-C.

If I try to disconnect Rosegarden, qjackctl becomes iresponsive. I have to kill jackd with signal 9 to resolve this situation.

"Editor" button also doesn't work if I click it inside of "Instrument Parameters" (after selecting "Synth Plugin"  for Playback Parameters/Device, nor in window which can be opened from "Instrument Parameters" to choose synth.

I tried to revert any changes made to my computer and even dist-upgraded to Jessie the whole system, but the problem persists.

You can find Rosegarden console output:
http://pastebin.com/VK6KTuDY

I hope someone will be able to help me resolve this problem

Regards

Re: Problem with Rosegarden and WhySynth

D. Michael McIntyre-3
On 11/03/2016 02:26 PM, Marko Randjelovic wrote:

> You can find Rosegarden console output:
> http://pastebin.com/VK6KTuDY
>
> I hope someone will be able to help me resolve this problem

I didn't see anything enlightening in there.

Given the distro situation you have described, I highly recommend just
starting over clean.  You're trying to unravel a giant ball of yarn when
yarn is really cheap.

Re: Problem with Rosegarden and WhySynth

Marko Randjelovic
I did clean reinstall with Devuan Jessie and the problem is solved.