Lilypond output in relative mode

Leszek Wroński
Guys,

a quick follow-up to what I just wrote: is there a way to tell Rosegarden to write pitches in relative mode when exporting to Lilypond? It seems to be doing it in the absolute mode (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/writing-pitches ).

I am getting somewhere. Writing that longish post helped. After convert-ly and tedious fixing of the little spacing mistakes which confuse Lilypond and make it output a weird file I do see I may potentially have a score worth working with ;)

Cheers,

Leszek.

Re: Lilypond output in relative mode

Leszek Wroński
Please ignore me. Frescobaldi can convert Absolute -> Relative with no problems.
Sorry for the spam!

On 01/14/2016 03:44 PM, Leszek Wroński wrote:

> a quick follow-up to what I just wrote: is there a way to tell
> Rosegarden to write pitches in relative mode when exporting to Lilypond?

No.  Supporting relative mode would require a dramatic rethinking of the
already very complicated export engine.  In much the same way your
office program exports HTML that works, but is hideous to edit manually,
so it is with Rosegarden and LilyPond code.  It's just the nature of
machine-generated code.