Keyboard command for increasing velocity just a little

Keyboard command for increasing velocity just a little

mskala
Is there any easy way to change the velocity of notes in small, consistent
steps (preferably, one unit at a time) from the keyboard?

Shift-Up/Shift-Down seem to do some kind of rounding, maybe to the
nearest multiple of 5 or 10; I haven't been able to determine exactly how
they work, but the velocity seems to go up or down in a small amount on
the first press, more on subsequent presses, and in a way not reversible
by going back in the opposite direction.

--
Matthew Skala
[hidden email]                 People before principles.

Re: Keyboard command for increasing velocity just a little

D. Michael McIntyre-3
On 04/18/2016 09:36 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Is there any easy way to change the velocity of notes in small, consistent
> steps (preferably, one unit at a time) from the keyboard?

Yes, but it's impressively evil.  Select a note and Alt+J L V [tab]
[type new velocity] [enter].  It works, but I wouldn't want to do that
all day.

If you draw up a feature request for a better way to do this, I'll get
to it relatively soon.

Import extra MIDI tracks into an existing Rosegarden composition

ram-19
Hi Guys,

I have an existing composition in Rosegarden.  I've created a few other
parts in other software that now exist as MIDI files.  How do I import
those tracks (as extra tracks) into the existing composition in
Rosegarden?

I know I could brute force it by playing the new MIDI material on one
player and recording the MIDI input on Rosegarden.  That, however, is very
kludgy.  I vaguely recall there is a better way.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Rich

Re: Import extra MIDI tracks into an existing Rosegarden composition

Ted Felix-2
On 04/29/2016 05:23 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> I have an existing composition in Rosegarden.  I've created a few other
> parts in other software that now exist as MIDI files.  How do I import
> those tracks (as extra tracks) into the existing composition in
> Rosegarden?

   File > Merge > Merge MIDI File...

Re: Import extra MIDI tracks into an existing Rosegarden composition

ram-19
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have an existing composition in Rosegarden.  I've created a few other
> parts in other software that now exist as MIDI files.  How do I import
> those tracks (as extra tracks) into the existing composition in
> Rosegarden?
>
> I know I could brute force it by playing the new MIDI material on one
> player and recording the MIDI input on Rosegarden.  That, however, is very
> kludgy.  I vaguely recall there is a better way.

Never mind, I've figured it out, it is the use of the Merge function under
the File menu.  A bit strange it doesn't bring things in in the same
notional key as the earlier parts of the composition, but that was easily
fixed afterwards.