Is there a new release coming ahead?

Fernando A. Martin
Hi.
The last official release of Rosegarden was 16.06, about 10 months ago.
I was able to compile a development snapshot, that I'm using instead of 16.06. But in Linux distros they don't use to release snapshots. They just take the last official release (or an older one in some very stable distros), package and distribute it.
The development snapshot is very nice, with many bugs fixed. It's working very nicely. But if it's not officially released it won't enter the repo's of almost all distros out there.
Are there plans about when the next Rosegarden version will be released?
Thanks.

Re: Is there a new release coming ahead?

D. Michael McIntyre-3
On 04/02/2017 09:42 PM, Fernando A. Martin wrote:

> Are there plans about when the next Rosegarden version will be released?
> Thanks.

I hope to get a release done in April.  I missed the December and
February releases, because I work 80 hours a week now, and have very
little free time.

Re: Is there a new release coming ahead?

Ted Felix-2
On 04/02/2017 11:01 PM, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> I hope to get a release done in April.

   I see there's a tag for 17.04.  Were you planning on releasing that
particular version?  If so, I recommend moving to the latest as I've
fixed a serious problem that I introduced a month or two back.  The
faders on the AudioMixerWindow weren't working at all.  They are fine
now as of r15013.

> I missed the December and
> February releases, because I work 80 hours a week now, and have very
> little free time.

   Lemme know if you want me to do it.

On 04/07/2017 10:51 AM, Ted Felix wrote:

>    Lemme know if you want me to do it.

It seems like a fitting moment to acknowledge that I finally burned out.
  I was going to release that the other day, but I didn't, so it's
probably a good idea to start over and tag a new revision.

The website is in SVN somewhere, and Chris has a script to publish it
periodically.

Looks like every release touches these files:

./getting/source/index.shtml~
./subleft.html~
./index.shtml~
./resources/links/index.shtml~
./resources/authors/index.shtml~
./latest-version.txt~

I compile release notes by pasting the text out of the wiki and
reformatting it slightly.

That's the gist of it.  Season to taste.

Re: Is there a new release coming ahead?

Chris Cannam

On Fri, 7 Apr 2017, at 19:41, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On 04/07/2017 10:51 AM, Ted Felix wrote:
>
> >    Lemme know if you want me to do it.
>
> It seems like a fitting moment to acknowledge that I finally burned out.

Ow.

> The website is in SVN somewhere, and Chris has a script to publish it
> periodically.

Yes, it should get updated automatically at some point after anything
gets committed to the repo.

Let me know if you run into any trouble with that side of things. I do
monitor this and the devel list, although I don't usually have much time
to read them closely.

Chris

On 04/07/2017 02:41 PM, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On 04/07/2017 10:51 AM, Ted Felix wrote:
>>    Lemme know if you want me to do it.
> It seems like a fitting moment to acknowledge that I finally burned out.

   OK, then.  I'll give it a shot in the next couple of weeks.  I'm sure
I'll screw things up, but I'll put together a process document on the
wiki to make sure everything goes smoothly the next time.

Re: Is there a new release coming ahead?

David Jones
On Apr 7, 2017 08:41, "D. Michael McIntyre" wrote:

> On 04/07/2017 10:51 AM, Ted Felix wrote:
>
> >    Lemme know if you want me to do it.
>
> It seems like a fitting moment to acknowledge that I finally burned out.

Maybe getting some sleep someday and making some music will help. I've got a lyric or two around here that make me think, I should send that Michael.

David W. Jones
[hidden email]
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com