Guitar chord editor not appearing in menu or toolbar

Guitar chord editor not appearing in menu or toolbar

Stephen Torri
Attached is a patch plus the two new files for adding the guitar tab
editor. I appreciate the help I have gotten so far. The tutorials have
helped me to get a better understanding of KDE programming.

So far I cannot see my item "Guitar Tab Editor" in the
Composition->Studio menu or in the tool bar next to the mixer icons.

I would appreciate any insight into what I missed.

Stephen

guitar.patch (24K) Download Attachment
guitar.cpp (978 bytes) Download Attachment
guitar.h (998 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Guitar chord editor not appearing in menu or toolbar

Guillaume Laurent
On Monday 16 May 2005 15:33, Stephen Torri wrote:
> So far I cannot see my item "Guitar Tab Editor" in the
> Composition->Studio menu or in the tool bar next to the mixer icons.

Dumb question : did you 'make|scons install' ? Even when running from the
source tree, rg uses the .rc in your $KDEDIR.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.telegraph-road.org

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 10:21 +0200, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Monday 16 May 2005 15:33, Stephen Torri wrote:
> > So far I cannot see my item "Guitar Tab Editor" in the
> > Composition->Studio menu or in the tool bar next to the mixer icons.
>
> Dumb question : did you 'make|scons install' ? Even when running from the
> source tree, rg uses the .rc in your $KDEDIR.

I did 'sudo scons install'. Is the scons build not ready yet? Should I
be using the make build?

Stephen

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 16:43, Stephen Torri wrote:

> I did 'sudo scons install'. Is the scons build not ready yet? Should I
> be using the make build?

No, it's complete now, so I really don't know why your added action won't
appear :-(.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.telegraph-road.org

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 16:52 +0200, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 May 2005 16:43, Stephen Torri wrote:
> >
> > I did 'sudo scons install'. Is the scons build not ready yet? Should I
> > be using the make build?
>
> No, it's complete now, so I really don't know why your added action won't
> appear :-(.

Well a quick check of where rosegardenui.rc is installed has shown that
it was placed in /usr/share/apps/rosegarden. A quick check of that file
shows that the guitar_tab action is not in the file. This leads me to
believe that rosegardenui.rc is installed when I do 'sudo scons
install'.

When I copy that file in my hand I see me "Guitar Tab Editor" in the
toolbar. Ofcourse it crashes rosegarden when I click on it but that is
at least a start in the right direction.

Any idea why the file is not being installed?

Stephen

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 17:07, Stephen Torri wrote:

> Well a quick check of where rosegardenui.rc is installed has shown that
> it was placed in /usr/share/apps/rosegarden. A quick check of that file
> shows that the guitar_tab action is not in the file. This leads me to
> believe that rosegardenui.rc is installed when I do 'sudo scons
> install'.
>
> When I copy that file in my hand I see me "Guitar Tab Editor" in the
> toolbar. Ofcourse it crashes rosegarden when I click on it but that is
> at least a start in the right direction.
>
> Any idea why the file is not being installed?

Nope. Are you sure your SConstruct is up to date ? The relevant bit is at line
103. Do you see it copying the rc files when calling scons install ?

--
Guillaume.
http://www.telegraph-road.org

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 17:14 +0200, Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 May 2005 17:07, Stephen Torri wrote:
> >
> > Well a quick check of where rosegardenui.rc is installed has shown that
> > it was placed in /usr/share/apps/rosegarden. A quick check of that file
> > shows that the guitar_tab action is not in the file. This leads me to
> > believe that rosegardenui.rc is installed when I do 'sudo scons
> > install'.
> >
> > When I copy that file in my hand I see me "Guitar Tab Editor" in the
> > toolbar. Ofcourse it crashes rosegarden when I click on it but that is
> > at least a start in the right direction.
> >
> > Any idea why the file is not being installed?
>
> Nope. Are you sure your SConstruct is up to date ? The relevant bit is at line
> 103. Do you see it copying the rc files when calling scons install ?

        bash-2.05b$ sudo scons install
        Password:
        scons: Reading SConscript files ...
        scons: done reading SConscript files.
        scons: Building targets ...
        Install file: "sequencer/rosegardensequencer" as "/usr/kde/3.4/bin/rosegardensequencer"
        Install file: "gui/rosegarden" as "/usr/kde/3.4/bin/rosegarden"
        scons: done building targets.

Yes my copy of rosegarden is up to date. I synced up this morning. I am
not seeing rosegardenui.rc file being installed. In fact I am not seeing
rosegarden.desktop being installed either.

Stephen

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 17:30, Stephen Torri wrote:

> Yes my copy of rosegarden is up to date. I synced up this morning. I am
> not seeing rosegardenui.rc file being installed. In fact I am not seeing
> rosegarden.desktop being installed either.

Uh, what does 'cvs status SConstruct' says ? You should have v1.21.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.telegraph-road.org

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 17:36 +0200, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 May 2005 17:30, Stephen Torri wrote:
> >
> > Yes my copy of rosegarden is up to date. I synced up this morning. I am
> > not seeing rosegardenui.rc file being installed. In fact I am not seeing
> > rosegarden.desktop being installed either.
>
> Uh, what does 'cvs status SConstruct' says ? You should have v1.21.

bash-2.05b$ cvs status SConstruct
File: SConstruct        Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.21
   Repository revision:
1.21    /cvsroot/rosegarden/rosegarden/SConstruct,v
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 17:40, Stephen Torri wrote:
>    Working revision:    1.21

Looks ok. scons doesn't install a target unless it's newer, so try removing
the .rc files from their installed location, and re-run scons install.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.telegraph-road.org