Force rosegarden to start on first screen

Force rosegarden to start on first screen

Lorenzo Sutton
Hi all,

I tried searching for this but 'rosegarden first monitor' and similar
keywords pick up lots of noise.

So essentially I have a second screen attached to my laptop and
configured (from XFCE Display management utility) to extend to the right
of the laptop screen.
The two have a different resolution (not sure this is relevant). The
laptop screen is configured to be the 'primary display'.
When the screen is attached rosegarden (with its main window) will
always start on the second screen and maximised.

I've noticed that for other applications the behaviour is to start
wherever the mouse is - keep in mind I start most applications via gmrun
connected to a shortcut which also shows up where the mouse pointer is).

So... Is there a way to force rosegarden to always start in the main
screen? Or at least on the one with 'focus'?

Thanks.
Lorenzo.

Re: Force rosegarden to start on first screen

D. Michael McIntyre-3
On 03/15/2016 05:43 PM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:

> So... Is there a way to force rosegarden to always start in the main
> screen? Or at least on the one with 'focus'?

Try this?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18360569/how-do-you-run-an-application-in-bash-and-select-which-monitor-it-runs-on

I don't have a multi-screen setup with which to test.  I could hook up
another monitor, but I have no place to put it, so I never bought one.

On 15/03/16 23:12, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On 03/15/2016 05:43 PM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
>
>> So... Is there a way to force rosegarden to always start in the main
>> screen? Or at least on the one with 'focus'?
>
> Try this?
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18360569/how-do-you-run-an-application-in-bash-and-select-which-monitor-it-runs-on

Yep, great Michael!
The topmost answer pointed in the right direction:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/18363772

So essentially this is the trick:

rosegarden -geometry 1366x768+0+0

(Obviously that's the resolution of my first screen as reported by xrandr).

Lorenzo.