Desparately in need of urgent help!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Desparately in need of urgent help!

Etienne Snyman-2
Hi there

I have been using Rosegarden for about 8 years now, and I can't say I've ever had a problem with it. It's gotten just more stable as time goes by.

However, at the moment, it is giving me immense, crippling problems with Midi export.

The timing is completely out for some tracks. It appears that they are being encoded as 4/4 instead of 6/8 or something.

This is not the only track that Rosegarden is doing this with. No matter what I open up the Midi file in, it exports some tracks incorrectly.

Here is an example track: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-qjAq_0NxDSb0VsSGFUcGNCaFU/view?usp=sharing

If I open it in Rosegarden, everything works 100% ok. All the tracks play at the right time.

No matter what program I then use to open up the Midi files, some tracks are all wrong. They start at the wrong times and the note duration is wrong.

Please help me, this is mission critical!

Etienne


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Rosegarden-user mailing list
[hidden email] - use the link below to unsubscribe
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/rosegarden-user

Timing-Example.rg (25K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Desparately in need of urgent help!

Ted Felix-2
On 11/22/2016 08:37 AM, Etienne Snyman wrote:
> However, at the moment, it is giving me immense, crippling problems with
> Midi export.

   I've opened a bug report, "#1540 MIDI Export Issues":

https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/bugs/1540/

   It appears that the problem is introduced in 14.02.  If you can
build/run 13.06, that would be a quick workaround for you for now.

Ted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Rosegarden-user mailing list
[hidden email] - use the link below to unsubscribe
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/rosegarden-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Desparately in need of urgent help!

Yves Guillemot
Le mardi 22 novembre 2016, 16:00:25 Ted Felix a écrit :

> On 11/22/2016 08:37 AM, Etienne Snyman wrote:
> > However, at the moment, it is giving me immense, crippling problems with
> > Midi export.
>
>    I've opened a bug report, "#1540 MIDI Export Issues":
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/bugs/1540/
>
>    It appears that the problem is introduced in 14.02.  If you can
> build/run 13.06, that would be a quick workaround for you for now.
>

An other possible workaround (needs testing) would be to remove all the midi
controller 121 at the beginning of segments (mainly on tracks "String Lead"
and "Glockenspiel" of your example).

Yves


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Rosegarden-user mailing list
[hidden email] - use the link below to unsubscribe
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/rosegarden-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Desparately in need of urgent help!

Etienne Snyman-2
Dear Yves

Thank you for your reply.

I'm afraid I'm not that proficient in these more technical things. How would I remove those midi controller 121 things?

And how did they get there in the first place? I created the entire piece from scratch in Rosegarden, without using a Midi keyboard or anything else.

Etienne

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 12:00 AM Yves Guillemot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le mardi 22 novembre 2016, 16:00:25 Ted Felix a écrit :
> On 11/22/2016 08:37 AM, Etienne Snyman wrote:
> > However, at the moment, it is giving me immense, crippling problems with
> > Midi export.
>
>    I've opened a bug report, "#1540 MIDI Export Issues":
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/bugs/1540/
>
>    It appears that the problem is introduced in 14.02.  If you can
> build/run 13.06, that would be a quick workaround for you for now.
>

An other possible workaround (needs testing) would be to remove all the midi
controller 121 at the beginning of segments (mainly on tracks "String Lead"
and "Glockenspiel" of your example).

Yves


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Rosegarden-user mailing list
[hidden email] - use the link below to unsubscribe
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/rosegarden-user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Rosegarden-user mailing list
[hidden email] - use the link below to unsubscribe
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/rosegarden-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Desparately in need of urgent help!

Yves Guillemot
Le mercredi 23 novembre 2016, 18:34:41 Etienne Snyman a écrit :
> I'm afraid I'm not that proficient in these more technical things. How
> would I remove those midi controller 121 things?
>
First you have to open the segment in the event list editor.

Then, for example with the first segment on track 5, you should see
something like that:

Time                Duration         Event Type    Pitch   Type

002-01-00-00                         clefchange              treble
002-01-00-00                         keychange              C major
002-01-00-00                         keychange              C major
002-01-00-00                         keychange              G major
002-01-00-00                         keychange              G major
002-01-00-00                         controller                121        0
002-01-00-00  000-00-22-46  note           83 B 4
002-02-00-00  000-00-07-34  note           83 B 4    
etc...

To remove the controller you only have to select the sixth line (the one with
the controller event type) then to press the delete key.

In the same segment there are four keychanges at the same place, which is
not harmful but is a bit strange.
You may want to delete the first three by using the same method.


> And how did they get there in the first place? I created the entire piece
> from scratch in Rosegarden, without using a Midi keyboard or anything else.

It's difficult to accidentally insert a controller, so I really don't know.

Yves


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Rosegarden-user mailing list
[hidden email] - use the link below to unsubscribe
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/rosegarden-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Desparately in need of urgent help!

Etienne Snyman-2
Thank you for your help, Yves. I will definitely try it!

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 11:22 PM Yves Guillemot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le mercredi 23 novembre 2016, 18:34:41 Etienne Snyman a écrit :
> I'm afraid I'm not that proficient in these more technical things. How
> would I remove those midi controller 121 things?
>
First you have to open the segment in the event list editor.

Then, for example with the first segment on track 5, you should see
something like that:

Time                Duration         Event Type    Pitch   Type

002-01-00-00                         clefchange              treble
002-01-00-00                         keychange              C major
002-01-00-00                         keychange              C major
002-01-00-00                         keychange              G major
002-01-00-00                         keychange              G major
002-01-00-00                         controller                121        0
002-01-00-00  000-00-22-46  note           83 B 4
002-02-00-00  000-00-07-34  note           83 B 4
etc...

To remove the controller you only have to select the sixth line (the one with
the controller event type) then to press the delete key.

In the same segment there are four keychanges at the same place, which is
not harmful but is a bit strange.
You may want to delete the first three by using the same method.


> And how did they get there in the first place? I created the entire piece
> from scratch in Rosegarden, without using a Midi keyboard or anything else.

It's difficult to accidentally insert a controller, so I really don't know.

Yves


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Rosegarden-user mailing list
[hidden email] - use the link below to unsubscribe
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/rosegarden-user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Rosegarden-user mailing list
[hidden email] - use the link below to unsubscribe
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/rosegarden-user